Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

I make ONE this month! And I have to tell you, being a sock dog friend helping shelter animals my first year has been 'choke' rewarding. I made many doggie friends along the way and met many people with big hearts.
Two paw 'shakas' to all my kind friends who support my philanthropy, (whew, there's that word again!), The Pet Corner, Crazy Canine, Petco Pearl City, Bark Avenue, Original Sock Dogs and the Hawaiian Humane Society. They've all been most aloha and together with your kokua, we've collected and raised $900 in my first year for shelter animal friends.

Here I am with origami messengers we collected from the kind people who attended this year's Hawaii Pet Expo. Along with their messages of support, monies collected from my jar were sent to the folks at JEARS, (Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support) doing good work helping the displaced animals in Japan.
Boy did that disaster make my sock heart sore,...you guys go JEARS!
So Happy Birthday me!...(it's cheescake time). Ahi Dog loves you!
Always shaka, Ahi

No comments:

Post a Comment